Tuesday, May 29

Shantell Martin's bedroom drawings

Following my story for The New York Times last Thursday about artist Shantell Martin, I thought I'd post some of my pics of her place from when I first visited. You can see the bed, above, had a dark frame just a few months ago; by the time it was photographed for the story, she'd painted it white. And drawn all over it.

I have loads of pics I'll save for posting here and there in the near future, but for now, check out her desk area, below (she doesn't like comfortable chairs, because she doesn't want to sit too long at the computer); that's a note above the monitor that says something like, "Shantell: No Facebook today!" Shantell, fiddling with a recorder (am I on video?); dotted-outline man shooting big spotty-headed man with a dream, one of Shantell's favorite little scenes; bottles; sweatshirts (buy Shantell Martin's art and clothing and other stuff here); gessoed toys (she's also since drawn on the shelves); the laundry room.

She made me tea.

5 comments:

  1. Hello! You can buy it on the link where I wrote about buying her art...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just rephrased it so it now says "clothing" too... thanks!

    ReplyDelete