Friday, August 26

Navel-gazing


Pardon my navel-gazing--apparently it's been four months since I've posted?! Good news: Homebodies is back! I had to hole up for a bit to finish grad school at Bennington College, which I did in late June, and I am now the proud owner of an MFA in Nonfiction Writing, a diploma in a nifty leather folder, and a dramatic brown-black-and-blue master's hood that hangs without purpose from a hook near my door.

Since graduation, I've taken some time off from creative writing and have been gallivanting, also loafing, Amtraking, and visiting family in Michigan (above, navel-gazing at Mom's house: my past and future in a carpet of clovers, hose). I apologize for my absence. Consider this blog once again active

More from the Michigan--the Small Barn (the Big One blew down), an inanimate owl that scares away...I think woodpeckers, the Big Barn's silo that still stands:
It's Friday night and New York State is in a state of emergency due to Irene. I'm home with my batteries, jugs of water, canned food I hope I won't need to eat, chocolate, wine. Stay safe. More soon...

Also, hello, Cousin Chris Malinzak. Thank you for always reading Homebodies in Ohio. Love to the fam!

6 comments:

  1. Yay, you're back! This makes me so, so happy. Stay safe this week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chedva -- thank you! Going to follow your new blog now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cmzak did you only just see my shout-out? Better late than never! xo

    ReplyDelete