Friday, February 25

"I broke my bed."

Oh, dear. You know how I've been raving in recent posts about the work and the home of architect Corvin Matei--and his photography? Last night at 10:36 pm I got a text from him: "I broke my bed." And enclosed is this beautiful detail of the structure failure. Oh, man. 

"I just touched the bed and it snapped," he wrote. Immediately I wondered if it was a West Elm bed; I've heard of this happening. Indeed, it is. And it's a king size, which is awfully cumbersome to deal with. 

"Maybe you can replace just that part?" I wrote. "What are you gonna do?"  

"So I chose The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri book to prop up the bed...tonight I will be resting on such chapters as 'hell,' 'paradise' and 'purgatory.' Sweet dreams!"

Also, I see The Complete Illustrated Guide to Joinery. Very funny, Corvin.

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what happened to my CalKing West Elm bed !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what happened to my CalKing West Elm bed !!!!

    ReplyDelete