Wednesday, January 5

Writers Jessie Sholl & David Farley

On Sunday, I walked over to Seventh Avenue in the West Village to visit my friends Jessie Sholl and David Farley. David is a travel writer; we met a few years ago in Israel. He's also the author of "An Irreverent Curiosity," a book about Jesus's foreskin. Jessie is a writer, too, and has a memoir out now called "Dirty Secret: A Daughter Comes Clean About Her Mother's Compulsive Hoarding." It's an incredible story, and one that understandably contributes to some anxiety about their (very clean, very uncluttered) home. She's actually going to write about what she calls "doorbell dread," and her experience being on Homebodies, for another blog, so I'll link to her piece when it's up. Until then, meet the adorable couple--married ten years today!--on the roof of their apartment, in what we posed for some reason as album-cover art for their nonexistent emo band.

4 comments:

  1. Her book sounds fascinating, and I really like this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Belly! Hey, Jessie took the pics of me for your blog. She loved the concept, and showed me a dress she's had since 8th grade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have Jessie write a post too, if she's interested:)
    And you know how much I love your blog, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Belly! Aw, I'm glad I have you as a reader. And great idea--I sent Jessie your comment and email addy. :)

    ReplyDelete