Sunday, May 9

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom called me last night at 12:31 am and woke me up. Her voicemail: "Good morning, it's your mother. I can't believe you're not out and about. I thought you'd be up. Probably in bed. How am I ever going to have grandchildren if you guys go to bed so early? Get out there and meet men! Heavens! Love you, bye."

Last time I was home, we had tea at the kitchen table, above. Antique lace tablecloth. English garden teacups. Pressure to have babies. Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

  1. Rad comment by your mom. That would've been a phone call worth waking up for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet that your mom called you before you called her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, all! Yeah, she's the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hilarious mama. and that tablecloth is gorgeous! is it a find, or did you inherit it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Cate! I do love that tablecloth. I think it was my grandmother's...? It was white, I think, but then it got old, so I believe my mom dyed the whole thing by soaking it in teabags... Perhaps I'm making this up. But she's known to do such things. And you end up with a natural uniform color that conceals years' worth of actual tea spots!

    ReplyDelete