Friday, March 19

Icelandic President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson

Last year at this time, I was in Reykjavik, Iceland, for the first annual DesignMarch, and I met all sorts of amazing architects, artists, and designers during the four-day fair. I also visited the Blue Lagoon, of course. DesignMarch, or HonnunarMars, is in full swing again, while I'm here in New York remembering what a great time I had there. (Sorry, Blogger doesn't do umlauts and accent marks.)

One of the highlights was meeting President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson, who invited us to his beautiful home to speak to us about the state of Iceland and gave an inspiring speech about the importance of art and creation through design. I'll post more about that in the next few days, but first, here are a few photos of the exterior and a church on the property. And me at his desk, with champagne.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I am JUST about to go there for a reception, very excited as I never did last year. Iceland misses you, I will post something on my blog and on Facebook! This year has been super fun, but not quite the same with the NY girls... Happy memories xx

    ReplyDelete